Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mid Week Catch Up!

Mondays meal was a hodgepodge selection of fruits and veggies, leftovers and a sandwich. Look at the cute little scalloped sandwich. I bought a Pampered Chef Bread tube five or so years ago... I have never ever used it, that is untill last weekend. It's a little big for the square inserts that come with the laptop lunch box but it was still cute enough to justify removing the trays. I added blueberry eyes and a strawberry wedge for a mouth. I used a bear shaped cookie cutter to make Mister Rice Cake Bear and put them both in the lower section with some grapes. The top half had a tray of fresh veggies and dip and some left over hot dog tortilla wraps from a restaurant dinner we had. Little baby bell cheese and some rice candy on the side. Chloe love the face sandwich.

Monday we had a roast and some veggies for dinner. So I just sliced up some pieces of roast and poured bbq sauce on them. I packed Ken some home made whole wheat dinner rolls to eat with the bbq beef. A salad fills the other side of the tray with grape tomatoes and radish roses. I used one of my little bento bottles for the first time and sent along some dressing for the salad. I also packed Ken a baby bell cheese and various fruits such as blue berries, apple wedges and kiwi slices. He said when he microwaved the BBQ beef it filled the room with a yummy smell.



Chloe got the same BBQ beef sandwich though since she gets to eat all her food cold, I pre-made the sandwich for her. She also gets apple wedges, blueberries/strawberries and cottage cheese. Some celery and graham crackers with peanut butter for dipping.

1 comment:

Lunch Buckets said...

Where did you go? Please come back!

-hungry