Friday, September 14, 2007

Face First Pasta Salad


I spent all day surfing the internet (looking at bentos. Avoiding all the work that I needed (still need) to do before the big shindig this weekend. In the process, I forgot to prepare dinner so we ended up having left over chicken wraps. I also didn't think ahead about filling lunch boxes and when time came it was a bit rushed and we didn't have much left in the house, being Friday and everything.

Anyway, I ended up making pasta salad. I also cooked up an italian sausage and cut it in pieces... mix it with mozzarella cheese squares and the last of the cherry tomatoes. Some strawberries for desert. Chloe's little container from her box fit really well in Dad's container. I wasn't going to make a face... I just dumped out the stuff and it mostly looked like one, so I finished it off with a tongue and everything.


Chloe's took a little more imagination filling up since we were on the last of just about all our food. Got orange wedges with to strawberry/kiwi kabobs on top. used craft sticks instead of skewers for safety. Graham crackers and peanut butter in the next little tub and the pre-packaged applesauce below it. Lastly, a bear bologna sandwich with mozzarella vest and food coloring face (I'm betting it's all run together by now and is just a food coloring blob on bears head). Little ham/cream cheese rolls and some peanuts for good measure. It'll do. oh ya, apple juice for drink today.

No comments: