One of my more inspired moments. Presenting a Mom's Make a Pizza (lunchable rip off). Inspired by the pita pizzas my kids love so much, I decided to pack Chloe a do-it-herself personal pizza. English Muffin halves for the crusts, olives, cheese, pepperonis, green peppers and sauce. I thought the sauce packaging I came up with was pretty clever. What you see is two zip loc bags, one with sauce in it and a corner snipped off for quick application of sauce onto muffin crusts - the other bag to contain the extreme possibility of leakage. Sure it's not as pretty as a Bento Lunch Box(which may happen some day) but it works! Raisins for an extra treat and a quarter to purchase milk at school (the lunch box was too darn full for a juice container).
Monday, September 03, 2007
Mom's Make a Pizza
One of my more inspired moments. Presenting a Mom's Make a Pizza (lunchable rip off). Inspired by the pita pizzas my kids love so much, I decided to pack Chloe a do-it-herself personal pizza. English Muffin halves for the crusts, olives, cheese, pepperonis, green peppers and sauce. I thought the sauce packaging I came up with was pretty clever. What you see is two zip loc bags, one with sauce in it and a corner snipped off for quick application of sauce onto muffin crusts - the other bag to contain the extreme possibility of leakage. Sure it's not as pretty as a Bento Lunch Box(which may happen some day) but it works! Raisins for an extra treat and a quarter to purchase milk at school (the lunch box was too darn full for a juice container).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very clever. Chloe was so excited to tell us all about her pizza lunch that Mom made for her on the way to school. Kenzie pulls out her twinkie (yes, I'm one of THOSE moms) and shows her...guess what Chloe said? "What's a Twinkie?" Yeah, that would be a child coming from a home with good food choices... :-)
HA, I remember some of my favorite lunchtime snacks were ding dongs. I'm not anti-twinkies, just too cheap to buy them :)
Post a Comment