
Kenny usually gets Mondays and Wednesdays off for restaurant grub consumption. But today there was a brown bag meeting or presentation or something at work so he asked me pack him some food. The main course was two fat and happy BLT sandwiches, with extra B. I used a large pita round cut into quarters for the bread and stuffed it full of bacon lettuce and tomatoes... I made sure to put lettuce between the tomatoes and the bread, as suggested by other bentoholics, to prevent the bread from getting soggy. Kenny said the bottom was a little moist. I either have to really be sure to dry every every piece of lettuce before sandwich making or I have to get up in the wee hours of the morning and pack. He said it was still good so I may not worry about it. I packed fruit in one half and veggies in the other. We got a mini banana, pluot (plum and apricot hybrid) and some raspberries... on the other half some broccoli and cherry tomatoes and yellow pepper strips. I made a ranch dip container out of a small section of cucumber. I was unsure about the spillage on this so I wrapped some saran wrap over the top.

Chloe got the same veggie tray as dad. Some lazy me sections with pre packed applesauce and a handful of teddy grahams oatmeal crackers.
The main container had a BLT wrap wedged in with apple chunks and a halved pluot. She finished everything at school so it must of been good.
No comments:
Post a Comment