
Lunches for my family are no doubt healthy and delicious, but I've been experiencing a creativity shortage as far as "pretty" bento boxes go. One reason is time another, is money for a larger, more interesting variety of food items. But when you get down to it, those are just excuses. I do have to say that making a few "make ahead" portions to stuff in the occasional bento is a good idea. Long time bento stars such as Biggie, at lunch in a box have been pre-preparing bento sides in order to keep bento creation down to 15 minutes or less. Perhaps a muse will visit me tonight and inspire me with beautiful bento ideas, or maybe I'll just stick with the old humdrum selections I've been giving in my plain bento rut.
Todays lunch for Chloe was a ham sandwich on whole wheat english muffin, sliced kiwi and plums, cucumber chips, radish flowers and a baby bell cheese.
Last Fridays lunches consisted of made ahead pasta sides and pizza pockets, chloe asked for cottage cheese (her favorite lunch time side) and a clementine orange. Kenny got some cucumber chips and apple chunks to eat with his pizza pockets or "sausage buns" as he claims they need to be called.


No comments:
Post a Comment