In a bowl I mixed together approximately1 cup diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup sliced red seedless grapes
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
few dollops mayonnaise
a bit of ground ginger
some salt/pepper to taste
As you can see I stuffed it in a whole wheat English muffin along with a bit of lettuce. I also included some carrot sticks and orange wedges and some apple juice to drink.
Kenny got the same salad only I stuffed it in some pita pockets for him.

3 comments:
Amazing!! Kenzie would look at that and then look at me like I'm a crazy person. Granted, she does have sensory integration issues that cause most of her food problems and I have the same issues and would not have touched that food when I was a kid either. Here's to hoping she grows up and learns to love more foods like I did...although, I'd have a tough time with the grapes and nuts in the sandwich. :-) See where she gets it from? Otherwise, yummy. Love the food blog idea...I've been wanting to add more recipe ideas to my blog, too. So, I want to see some of those Thai recipes you've talked about making.
grapes? hmmm never would have thought of that, I'll have to give it a try.
Ya, Ainsley wouldn't touch that sandwich... When I make her one it'll just be chicken pieces and maybe grapes without mayo or nuts or celery or anything extra. Even still she'd probably pull the sandwich apart and eat it all separately. Chloe will eat anything though so I get to make fun stuff for her.
Post a Comment